Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £1 per annum
almost 2 years ago
WAN 1st Line Engineer
Salary: Competitive, along with a 15% shift allowance.
The candidate must have SC clearance OR be able to obtain one to gain access
The role operates on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern (nights & days)
This would be ideal for a recent graduate who is wanting significant career progression.
They are looking for a 1st WAN engineer to join a small team of highly skilled engineers to manage and support the new MOD core network.
Daily duties will include a mixture of general support escalations/fault finding and project/implementation work.
The MCN is a high performance, high availability Juniper based network consisting of MX and SRX series devices.
The role holder works under limited supervision, performing routine activities and taking on non-routine activities. The role holder understands the importance of meeting Service Level Agreements and is focused on meeting customer expectations. The role holder will resolve escalations from other team members and will have a good knowledge of their working area, processes and required technical skills.
* Technical Capability - Fully able to support routine technical queries related to a single product/small set of products (e.g. Microsoft products, operating system, basic networking, PCs) and able to support less experienced team members
* Business Awareness - Develops an understanding of customer's environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of a first class service.
* Process - Documents actions taken in resolving routine customer enquiries ensuring established processes/systems are followed.
* Problem Solving - Takes ownership for listening to and understanding customer problems asking relevant questions to resolve typically known problems within required timescales. Knows when problems need to be further escalated to ensure satisfactory resolution.
* Service Level - Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/Service Level Agreements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Team Working - Is a key team member, taking on escalations and supporting less experienced people in the team.