CDI - 1201190_1667491959
Up to £40000 per annum
11 months ago
Job title: 2nd Line HPC Engineer
SC security clearance is required for this role
I am looking for a HPC Engineer for a client of mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector. I am looking for support staff with experience in using Linux-based clusters to support a high-performance computing platform operating at a high security level. Your role will support the dedicated High-Performance Compute elements of the solution.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited too):
- Support the dedicated High-Performance Compute elements of the solution
- Application running and benchmarking HPC applications such as Abaqus/LS Dyna/Open Foam/Fluent/SLES Enterprise
Mandatory technical skills:
- Linux administration. Such as: SuSE or RedHat - any modern Linux distribution admin experience will be considered.
- Cluster management solutions. Such as: Bright Cluster manager, PXE booting, OpenHPC, Warewulf or Rocks
Beneficial technical skills:
- Experience using or managing HPC clusters. Such as: Beowulf, OpenStack, or Hadoop
- Experience managing batch scheduling systems. Such as: PBS Pro, Slurm, SGE/UGE, Microsoft Scheduler
- Experience with scientific or engineering applications. Such as LSDyna, Altair Hyperworks, Abaqus
- Scripting skills. Primarily Bash, but any shell scripting along with Python and Perl.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829