£23000 - £30400 per annum
over 1 year ago
IT Support Engineer - 1st line / 2nd line Support
£23-28,000 + £2,400 on call allowance + health cash plan scheme + life assurance + private pension + 33 days annual leave
Bristol-based with occasional travel to customer sites
A new and exciting opportunity is now available for an IT Support Engineer, with experience in windows support and Microsoft servers 2008+, to join a market leading manufacturer of medical traceability software, offering skill development and training, career progression and salary advancement.
The company - IT Support Engineer - 1st line / 2nd line Support
The organisation hiring is an established, international supplier of specialist, decontamination equipment used in the sterilisation of medical devices/utensils to significantly reduce cross contamination, and to ensure the safe and clean re-use of such equipment.
This particular IT Support Engineer role is within the division responsible for the development of traceability software. In summary, this software is used to track, trace and document the movement of medical equipment throughout a hospital and throughout the decontamination process to enable end users to demonstrate that they are adhering to the required decontamination procedures and regulations which apply to medical equipment.
The role - IT Support Engineer - 1st line / 2nd line Support
This IT Support position will mainly be offering remote customer support via telephone, email and an online ticketing system, with the occasional requirement for on-site support and customer site visits. Flexibility to travel and stay away on occasions is therefore required.
This IT Support Engineer role also offers training and development opportunities such as working closely with developers to gain 3rd line support experience and receiving training in SQL.
Key accountabilities include:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance both on-site and/or remote depending on solution
- Provide 1st line and 2nd line IT support and help to customers solving any issues and answering questions related to their integrated workflow solution
- Offer IT support using the telephone, email, support ticketing system, remote tools and on-site customer visits
- Ensure a high level of customer focus and satisfaction by responding to cases quickly and efficiently and in line with standards
- Trouble shoot and where possible reproduce issues to identify/propose solutions on software, hardware and operational issues
The package on offer - IT Support Engineer - 1st line / 2nd line Support)
- £23,000 - 28,000 annual earnings
- On-call payment of £2,400/year (on call every 1 week in 5 weeks, 24/7)
- Health cash plan scheme
- Life assurance
- Private pension
- 33 days annual leave
Your background - IT Support Engineer - 1st line / 2nd line Support
In order to be successful in your application for this role, you will need;
- Prior IT Support experience
- Experience with Microsoft Servers (2008 or higher)
- Windows support experience
- Experience with SQL (is beneficial, not essential as training can be provided)
- Strong customer service and written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible to travel across the UK approx. 25% of the time (the remainder time will be office based in Bristol)
- Valid driving licence
This is a great opportunity to work for an employee-orientated, progressive organisation willing to provide SQL and 3rd line support training and development opportunities!
To start your application, click the APPLY NOW button.