Shift allowance, Benefits
29 days ago
2nd Line Network Engineer
Perm full time (SHIFT WORK)
Salary DOE + Benefits and Shift allowance
Basingstoke or Bracknell
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be eligible for DV clearance however you can submit with no clearance.
We are looking for a 2nd Line Network Engineer to Support & augment the existing Shared Service to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern. The role will involve:
- Event Management: Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management: Incident logging, triage and assignment on both the DNS Microsoft System Centre Service Manager Toolset and the Home office Service Now Toolset. Manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance with agreed work instruction.
- Problem Management: Will manage, monitor and resolve Problems in accordance with agreed SLA's
- Patch Deployment: Deployment of monthly security patches to Microsoft server environments using the Microsoft SCCM toolset.
- Change Management: Support and participate as required in all Change Management Activities
- Request Fulfilment: Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests based on the defined Service Catalogue including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of core routing and switching at CCNA level.
- Hands-on experience in investigating enterprise networks
- Good understanding of IP routing (BGP, OSPF, static routing, HSRP, VRF, tunneling protocols)
- Good understanding of Layer 2 technologies (VLANs, port-security, spanning-tree)
- Understanding of firewalls and related features (ASDM, ACLs, IPSEC VPNs)
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers.
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI
- Understanding of network-level encryption