CDI - 1200857_1662392252
Up to £35400 per annum + plus 15% shift allowance
3 months ago
Job title: 2nd Line Platform Support Engineer
Salary: £35,400 plus 15% shift allowance. (10% DV bonus also available)
Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through SC security clearance to start the role
I am looking for a 2nd Line engineer with Linux Sysadmin experience of the Rancher Kubernetes platform, ideally covering all or part of Compute, Storage and Network aspects across core technologies.
- Event Management - Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems into an Elastic Cloud for Kubernetes monitoring platform and act as required when events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management (using Jira SM toolset and ServiceNow)
- Responsible for all incidents assigned to the managed Resolver Groups. All incidents shall be Reported, Recorded, Routed, and Managed (RRR&M) through the Service Desk.
- Will manage/resolve incidents with 3rd Line support, keeping the Service Desk record updated in accordance with WI and where necessary escalate into Service Management any High Priority Incidents.
- As required, pass the details to 3rd Parties, receive and action Service Requests for HO Datacentre Compute; changes including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
- Support Service Management on the reporting of incidents
- Problem Management - Will manage, monitor, and resolve problems in accordance with agreed SLA's.
- The 2nd Line server engineers will be responsible for carrying out daily checks for the following:
- Status of HO Datacentre Compute system, taking remediation activity as required.
- Applicable CERTS for HO Datacentre Compute system.
- Any viruses on the HO Datacentre Compute system.
- Any anti-virus updates
- Rancher Kubernetes experience or willingness to learn
- Use of Elastic Cloud for Kubernetes Monitoring toolset (and SysDig toolset in the interim)
- Hands on Linux experience
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skills with experience in troubleshooting
- Good understanding and working knowledge of VMWare
- Knowledge of Juniper/Cisco
- Experience of Jira Service Management and ServiceNow
If you are interested in this role, please feel free to reply to his advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766512829