2nd Line Resolver Group
LOCATION: Basingstoke or Bracknell
Offering a competitive salary with a 15% shift allowance (shift work)
The candidate must hold SC clearance or be able to obtain one
The Individual shall augment the existing Shared Service Desk to provide support for Home Office Biometrics.
The role requires the individual to handle :
Event Management - Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
Incident Management - The Shift shall be responsible for all incidents logging, triage and assignment on both the DNS Microsoft System Center Service Manager Toolset and the Home Office ServiceNow Toolset. All incidents support shall be Reported, Recorded, Routed and Managed through the SPOC.
Request Fulfillment - Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests for HOB account based on the defined Service Catalogue including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
Problem Management - Will manage, monitor and resolve Problems in accordance with agreed SLA's.
Change Management - Will be responsible for initial raising of Change records in order for initial review by the Change Service Delivery Manager
For the purpose of the HOB Service Will receive incidents/faults from other RG support (Official Sensitive) manage the resolution.
Will receive incidents/faults from 3rd Line support manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance with agreed WI
The 2nd Line Server Support will also be responsible for carrying out daily checks for the following:
- HOB Application Daily/Weekly/Monthly checks based on defined Work Instructions
- HOB Infrastructure Daily/Weekly/Monthly checks
- HOB Application patches delivery against the defined HOB applications/infrastructure.
- Manage backup and recovery of data
- Support and participate as required in all ITSCM, BCP and DR activities
The following are support requirements for HOB Biometrics
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Excellent team player taking ownership of tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements.
- Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure soultions and infrastructures as well as application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
-Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement aswell as supporting IT infrastructures
- Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures
- Awareness of Agile Working methodology
Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of:
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management (Incident, Problem & Change Management)
- Windows Server 2016 platforms (AD, Certificate Authority, Cluster, DHCP, DNS, Remote Desktop)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft System Center Suite 2016 (SCOM, SCCM, SCORCH, SCSM, SCVMM)
- Cisco Hardware (Firewalls, Switches) & ISE & Firepower Management
- McAfee Viruscan & ePolicy Orchestrator
- Tenable Nessus
- SolarWinds NCM & NPM
- Management of NetApp SAN
- Thin Client/eLux Scout
Desirable Skills Required:
- Aware BioSP Platform (Training will be provided)
- Idemia Products (Training will be provided)
- RedHat Linux 7.5
- Apache Cassandra RDBMS
- Pacemaker Clustering
- SharePoint Site Usage
- SQL Server 2012 database management