Up to £40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
2nd Line Support - Linux
Full time permanent
Security Clearance Level SC/ You need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with an SC Clearance
Salary to £40000.00
25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
The organisation is a European leader in digital transformation, which provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Trusted by leading organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Working in Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's Public and Private sectors. Fostering a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
Looking for results-oriented IT professionals with an interest in technology and desire to develop their long-term careers within this company. This fantastic opportunity within the Aero, Defence and Security sector, is to support the renown Customer's on-site cloud infrastructure in a 2nd line capacity.
Working a 7.5-hour weekly shift rotation covering a 7am-7pm, Mon-Fri service.
- Accept, diagnose, resolve or re-assign 2nd line tickets
- Create procedures and undertake knowledge transfer for Cloud Operations Analysts (1st Line) in order to allow for 1st Line resolution of tickets wherever possible
- Collaborate with the Customer's Development team in order to suggest improvements to the Cloud platform
- Good working knowledge and experience of cloud tools (i.e. portals), techniques, methods
- Linux RedHat
- Advanced knowledge of scripting under Linux (bash, perl, python etc).
- Virtual networks - configuration and management
- Mounting infrastructure on scvmm, hyperv
- Knowledge in the deployment and management of Openshift Container Platform
- Infrastructure Configuration Management with Ansible, cloudforms
- Construction and deployment tools; Bamboo, Jenkins etc
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role.