£400 - £430 per day
about 2 months ago
2nd/3rd Line infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Support
Rate: £400-£430 per day (inside ir35)
Contract: 6 months+
Clearance: SC Cleared
Remote working: Some available
- Accept, diagnose, resolve or re-assign 2nd line tickets
- Create procedures and undertake knowledge transfer for Cloud Operators (1st Line) in order to allow for 1st Line resolution of tickets wherever possible
- Collaborate with the Customer's Development team in order to suggest improvements to the Cloud platform
- Deployment of code provided by the Customer's Development Team
- Administration and management using System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Experience of Windows/HyperV/Linux
- Good working knowledge and experience of associated infrastructure engineering tools, techniques, methods
- Demonstrable experience of working as an Infrastructure Engineer on small or medium sized software engineering projects
- Infrastructure skills covering administration, fault finding/diagnosis and fix
- Documentation Skills, with the ability to produce documents for use by an end user, as well as operational procedure documentation for use by service desk
- Extensive work experience in infrastructure Management and/or Cloud
- Experience of deploying and handling of OpenShift environment
- Configuring and operating a Cluster
- Experience in Citrix NetScaler's and VDI environments
- Experience of handling and managing Azure Stack
- Use of PRTG Network Monitoring tool
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior colleagues.
It is for a Cloud Engineer based in Newport. We need 2 people to come and join us on a contract we have just won for Airbus D&S, who are deploying their own on-prem private cloud solution, based on MS Azure.
Our technical specialists deploy systems running many of the major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and multiple Linux distros. We also provide Messaging and Collaboration systems and support, Application packaging and deployment, along with supporting Infrastructure and Cloud services and support. Our time can be split between our services and project work, so we have the chance to be multi-disciplined and access to a range of technologies.
The day job
We work a 7.5-hour weekly shift rotation covering a 7am-7pm, Mon-Fri service. This role will require being on-call in 2022 to provide a 24x7 service.