over 1 year ago
2nd Tier Support Engineer
- Paying a competive salary
- 15% shift allowance
- Based in Basingstoke
MUST HAVE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SC CLEARANCE
The role holder works under limited supervision generally in routine business as usual situations supporting several products, product sets and systems to help maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder is also able to resolve non routine issues and recognizes the importance of meeting Service Level Agreements and is focused on meeting customer expectations. The role holder will resolve escalations from other team members and will have a good knowledge of their working area, processes and required technical skills.
* Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements.
* Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
* Excellent customer communication skills.
* Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
* Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
* Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures
* Experience of HP Protect Tools password management
* Lumension Application and Device Control (or Sanctuary)
* Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
* SharePoint Site Management
* SQL Server 2008 database management
* Oracle 10g database management
* Postgres Database's management
* Experience of Java based application support
* Appache web server management and support
* IIS web services management and support
* Cisco switch management
* Cisco Firewall management
* CA Spectrum reporting