CDI - 1201292_1667826639
Up to £54000 per annum
3 months ago
Job title: 3rd Line Linux Engineer
Salary: £54k plus bonus/benefits
Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through SC security clearance for this role
I am looking for an experienced 3rd Line Linux Infrastructure & Application Support Engineer for a client of mine who are a leading IT systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector .
- You will collaborate with the rest of the team to maintain remote support to the infrastructure and applications hosted within the two data centers, BAU activities, non BAU activities, Incident, Change and Problem Management.
- Perform system configuration changes, upgrades and liaise with third parties and other internal teams.
- You will also have the opportunity to be involved in project-based work, as you will be working closely with the project team.
- Additionally, you will provide technical direction and mentoring to the 2nd-line team and be able to demonstrate a shift to the left mentality.
- Support of Linux VM and Physical Servers including the creation of Gold Builds and Hardening of Servers.
- Extensive Linux Scripting (shell and Ansible).
- Core Linux Products including Satellite Server, Ansible Tower, Bit Bucket and Docker.
- Understanding and experience of the full development and implementation lifecycle including Integration and Test.
- Open source technology: Zookeeper, AKKA Framework, RabbitMQ, WIldfly, Scribe, Pacemaker Clustering, TomCat, Java & OpenJDKormats.
- Application Support.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 001737 821029 or 07766 512829