CDI - 1201504_1671023193
£550 - £600 per day
about 2 months ago
Job Title: 3rd Line Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £550 - £600 per day inside ir35
SC security clearance is required for this role
I am looking for a 3rd Line Linux Infrastructure Engineer to join an existing team of 3rd support engineers for a client of mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector
- Your role will involve providing operational support to enterprise environments that run 24/7 across two data centers.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the team to maintain remote support to the infrastructure and applications hosted within the two data centers, BAU activities, non BAU activities, Incident, Change and Problem Management.
- Perform system configuration changes, upgrades and liaise with third parties and other internal teams.
- You also can be involved in project-based work, as you will be working closely with the project team.
- Additionally, you will provide technical direction and mentoring to the 2nd-line team and be able to demonstrate a shift to the left mentality.
- Support of Linux VM and Physical Servers including the creation of Gold Builds and Hardening of Servers.
- Extensive Linux Scripting (shell and Ansible).
- Core Linux Products including Satellite Server, Ansible Tower, Bit Bucket and Docker.
- Understanding and experience of the full development and implementation lifecycle including Integration and Test.
- Open-source technology: Zookeeper, AKKA Framework, RabbitMQ, WIldfly, Scribe, Pacemaker Clustering, TomCat, Java & OpenJDKormats.
- Application Support.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029