3rd Line Network Engineer
£45000 - £54000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job title: 3rd Line Network Engineer
Location: Hampshire - 5 Days on site
Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through SC security clearance for this role
I am looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join an existing team of 3rd line Network Engineers for a client if mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector.
- Provide operational support to a large enterprise network that runs 24/7 across two data centers and remote offices throughout the UK.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the team to maintain on premise networks to support BAU activities
- Perform network configuration changes, upgrades and liaise with third parties and other internal teams as well as our end customer.
- You'll have the opportunity to be involved in project-based work, as you will be working closely with the project delivery team.
- Additionally, you will provide technical direction and mentoring to the 2nd line network team.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of core routing and switching at CCNP level (minimum)
- Hands-on experiencing in troubleshooting enterprise networks
- Solid understanding of IP routing (BGP, OSPF, static routing, HSRP, VRF, tunneling protocols)
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 technologies (VLANs, port-security, 802.1X, spanning-tree)
- Experience with firewalls - Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA and related features (ASDM, ACLs, IPSEC VPNs)
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers, and Cisco ISE
- Understanding of network-level encryption
- Strong experience with Juniper leaves spines and switches
- F5 Load Balancers
- Cisco ISE Appliance
- There is the option to earn extra money through on call shifts and overtime.