CDI - 1201637_1672933497
Up to £54500 per annum
23 days ago
Job title: 3rd Line Network Engineer
Candidates must be willing and eligible to go through SC security clearance for this role
I am looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join an existing team of 3rd line Network Engineers for a client if mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector.
- Provide operational support to a large enterprise network that runs 24/7 across two data centers and remote offices throughout the UK.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the team to maintain on premise networks to support BAU activities
- Perform network configuration changes, upgrades and liaise with third parties and other internal teams as well as our end customer.
- You'll have the opportunity to be involved in project-based work, as you will be working closely with the project delivery team.
- Additionally, you will provide technical direction and mentoring to the 2nd line network team.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of core routing and switching at CCNP level (minimum)
- Hands-on experiencing in troubleshooting enterprise networks
- Solid understanding of IP routing (BGP, OSPF, static routing, HSRP, VRF, tunneling protocols)
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 technologies (VLANs, port-security, 802.1X, spanning-tree)
- Experience with firewalls - Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA and related features (ASDM, ACLs, IPSEC VPNs)
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers, and Cisco ISE
- Understanding of network-level encryption
- Strong experience with Juniper leaves spines and switches
- F5 Load Balancers
- Cisco ISE Appliance
There is the option to earn extra money through on call shifts and overtime.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829