11 months ago
3rd Line Support
Salary DOE + on call allowance
SC Clearance Required
The Long Term duties of this role will be to provide direct technical support for all of the company's SD-WAN Services as part of the 3rd Line Team and assist in the day to day operations and duties of the SD-WAN Service NOC. It is expected that direct customer support will not be an integral part of this role, but there could be requirements where the SD-WAN 3rd Line Support Engineer will work remotely on the customer premises as required.
However for an initial period and as part of the development for the individual to prepare to support the deployed solution.
To provide technical support to both customers relating to Silver Peak SD-WAN, Certes Encryption, Edge Virtualisation and Access Solution equipment (Dell EMC VPE).
The activities will involve the support of the New SD-WAN Solution (Edge Devices and Orchestration) and its interaction with other Network products. The engineer will work within the current DJSC to understand the products and their use within the deployed networks and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
The types of activities to be undertaken are:
- Network Monitoring & Event management via Orchestrator tools
- Detailed investigation and Diagnostics
- Generation of Support KA documentation (web and paper based)
- Create workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues
- identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis and escalate to product manufacture.
- The reception of escalated customer fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- To perform remote diagnostic tests where applicable to aid primary fault rectification
- To ensure all work performed complies with the Company's quality requirements and ISO9000
- Record returned items from Customer and liaise with repair
- Pre 'configured' equipment for customer installation
- Implement Approved Configuration Changes
- Assist in Collation of Performance & Availability Data
- Work on 8x5 with OOH Shift Call rota
- Viptela experience
3rd line engineers require a NOC experience and network technical knowledge of the Juniper, Cisco (Silver Peak and Certes product raining will be provided). They also require NPPV L3 / SC clearance and full access to the Network Manager application.