CDI - 1173987_1645544335
Birmingham, West Midlands
£450 - £451 per day
3 months ago
Job Role: 3rd Line WAN Network Project Engineer
Contract: 6 months+
Day rate: £450 per day inside ir35
Security Clearance at SC level is required for this role
I am recruiting a 3rd Line WAN Network Project Engineer for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator operating within the UK defence sector. The role will involve Configuring SRX series routers to meet tight project deadlines to enable the delivery of secure network services globally. The experienced 3rd Line Network Engineer will join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull to manage and support the new Ministry of Defence Juniper Core Network (MCN) WAN estate.
Daily duties will include a mixture project/implementation work and general support escalations/fault finding. The role will also require the individual to be capable of configuring, trouble shooting and tuning Juniper network devices.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of configuring and tuning the following:
- Juniper SRX platform
- Juniper SRX platform - Successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Junos & experience in various SRX platforms. Candidate will have comprehensive CLi exposure. Candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of routing and switching.
- BGP - Successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of configuring and tuning BGP, to include topics such as policy based routing, manipulation of attributes, load-balancing techniques, and lastly have comprehensive troubleshooting skillset.
- IPSEC - Successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of IPSEC VPN's and be familiar with troubleshooting.
- MPLS - Successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting MPLS.
- PKI - Successful candidate will have knowledge of PKI infrastructure elements and be familiar with certificate based VPN authentication.