£40000 - £50000 per annum + Competitive benefits
26 days ago
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Based in Southampton
Up to £50,000 basic salary
BPSS clearance required
A leading specialist in the design and manufacture of aerostructures is looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join their busy manufacturing engineering team based in Southampton.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the internal manufacturing process, including providing support to all other functions within the organisation to ensure the team meet required deliverables
- Partner with ME & IPT Leadership to identify and enable key demand, resource, capability and contingency requirements.
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget.
- Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria/equipment, lean methodologies.
- Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
- Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs.
- Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design.
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects.
- Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues.
- Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment.
- Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer need.
- Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives Project Life Cycle Management Requirements.
- Lead New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other company locations.
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture (DFM) perspective and operational performance implementation.
- Define, enable and implement proactive systems in alignment with AS9145 framework strategically across business and applied on critical parts/processes to reduce the potential of failure.
- Define, enable and measure process capability Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity.
- Develop project pipeline in collaboration with ME Leads to eliminate / reduce burdensome, repetitive and non-progressive tasks
- Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes relevant to the value stream.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of 2D engineering drawings
- Good leadership skills including coaching and team engagement
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments/priorities and achieve results.
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail * Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project management skills.
- Positive approach to challenging situations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.