£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for all aspects of the internal manufacturing process. The position will also provide support to all other functions within the business to ensure the ME team achieve required deliverables whilst meeting all safety, regulatory and cost requirements. Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager in the applicable value stream.
* Partner with ME & IPT Leadership to identify and enable key demand, resource, capability and contingency requirements.
* Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria/equipment, lean methodologies
* Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
* Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs
* Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
* Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues
* Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment
* Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives Project Life Cycle Management Requirements
* Lead New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other Aernnova locations
* Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture (DFM) perspective and operational performance implementation
* Define, enable and implement proactive systems in alignment with AS9145 framework strategically across business and applied on critical parts/processes to reduce the potential of failure.
* Define, enable and measure process capability Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
* Develop project pipeline in collaboration with ME Leads to eliminate / reduce burdensome, repetitive and non-progressive tasks.
* Manage a portfolio of projects in alignment with business objectives whilst being considerate of timing, interfaces and business impact.
* Identify, build and utilise funding, resource & capability routes and opportunities to execute on projects.
* Provide project management mentoring of appropriate functions and individuals to ensure a consistent approach to project management, develop talent pipeline and develop the business towards a structured improvement approach.
* Manage the deliverables from cross function teams (internal & external) to ensure project success.
What we're looking for:
* Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Good leadership skills including coaching and team engagement
* Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes relevant to the value stream.
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
* Ability to manage multiple complex assignments/priorities and achieve results.
* Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
* Highly effective problem-solving skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
* Project management skills.
* Positive approach to challenging situations.
* Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
* Prepared to work on shift if required