£45000 - £50000 per annum + Competitive benefits
29 days ago
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Composites/Assembly)
Up to £50,000
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
A leading aerospace supplier and manufacturing specialist is looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Composites/Assembly) to join their busy manufacturing engineering team based in Southampton.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the internal manufacturing process, including providing support to all other functions within the organisation to ensure the team meet required deliverables
Project Life Cycle Management Requirements
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture (DFM) perspective and operational performance implementation.
- Utilise AS9145 framework strategically across the business and apply to critical parts/processes.
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity.
- Manage a portfolio of projects in alignment with business objectives whilst being considerate of timing, interfaces and business impact.
- Provide project management mentoring to individuals to ensure a consistent approach to project management, develop talent pipeline and develop the business towards a structured improvement approach.
- Provide hands on / impactful input to projects whilst ensuring the overall management and delivery of project portfolio is maintained
Engineering Cost Requirements
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
- Development and control of cost approach within ERP system ensuring the accurate generation of the hour, material and sub-contract costs.
- Facilitate the engineering bid approach for future work opportunities.
- Identify and improve all product cost elements (yield, consumables, overheads).
Manufacturing Engineering Requirements
- Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria/equipment, lean methodologies.
- Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
- Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues.
New Business Opportunities
- Take the lead in supporting new business proposals to generate supporting information such as technical assessment, estimate of hours / resources needed, capacity / capability, risk & opportunity (RC & NRC).
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager, assist in the generation of technical proposals to support new business.
- Assist in the development of digital estimating tool principles.
- Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes relevant to the value stream.
- Good understanding of 2D engineering drawings
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments/priorities and achieve results.
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.