Up to £25.99 per hour
19 days ago
The AIT RF Test Technician is responsible for performing unit electrical integration, and RF performance testing on spacecraft payloads, using Automated Test Equipment and manual test equipment.
- This individual is responsible for performing electrical test activities throughout all test phases of the project life-cycle.
- Perform electrical integration on payloads using both automated test equipment and manual measurements, using equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Perform manual RF measurements of payload equipment and sub systems using equipment such as Power Meters, Spectrum Analysers, Network analysers and signal Generators.
- Run Automated test sequences using a Payload Test System (PTS) in accordance with issued test procedures.
- Check performance of payload equipment against parameters detailed in test procedures and review results for non-conformances.
- Perform connection of test hardware (DC, Coaxial & Waveguide) to flight interfaces following company processes.
- Complete build records to comply with company quality standards.
- Maintain 5S principles and carry out daily audits to keep integration areas (tools, toolboxes, workstations, etc.) clean and organised.
- Practical / hands on Electrical and RF Engineering experience including utilisation of relevant instruments
- Knowledge of automatic test systems and result processing.
- Able to integrate easily and quickly into AIT teams and communicate confidently to internal customers
- Able to work autonomously in a pro-active and responsible manner.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- RF test experience in high quality manufacturing/test environment related to communication equipment (antennas, mobile phones etc)
- Previous use of spectrum analysers / PSA and/or network analysers (PNA / PNA-X)
- Previous use of electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Experience in working to test procedures
- Availability to work on shift and weekend working as required.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- Telecommunication / Aerospace industry / military engineering previous experience
- Availability to work abroad at short notice.
- Clean room experience
- Security clearance to SC level