Up to £40000 per annum + Annual Leave, Pension
almost 2 years ago
Based in Southampton
Are you a creative applications developer? If so, we'd like you to join our team. We're a close-knit, multi-talented bunch embarking on an ambitious and exciting digitisation project, producing data driven mobile and web applications to take aerospace and defence where it's never gone before!
With your design and development skills, you'll be able to help us to provide information to our customers (both internal and external) however they want to receive it: from desktops to the cloud and onto mobile devices, from live streams to automated decision making. You'll work on our ground-breaking and invaluable customer support solutions, creating new opportunities to allow us to grow across Leonardo and globally.
Does Application Development with us float your boat? Glad to hear it. Here's a few of the great things you can expect when you join the Leonardo team.
Great work-life balance :
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other lovely incentives to make life great.
The work's never boring:
Obviously not! You'll be part of a team breaking new ground in aerospace and defence. From day one, you'll have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. What's more, you'll get to see your projects through the full product cycle - from inception to implementation, working in an agile way to gain customer feedback as you go. You can truly own what you do.
Love solving problems? Well you can rest assured that the second you've solved one problem, another's on the way - which, for you, we're sure isn't a problem.
Room to grow :
We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career with us will be massively varied. Join us, and you'll be constantly reinventing and developing your technical skillset from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a benefit - it's a must.
Like the sound of it so far? Check out the nitty gritty of what you'll actually be doing.
Key Responsibility Areas:
* Front-end development - taking the customer's user stories, turning them into requirements and using them to develop web and Android based applications that you will then test with the customer.
* Back-end development - creating the back-end data services and repositories that allow different customers secure access to the data they need when they need it.
* Adapt and modify the applications to improve functionality and usability
* Propose improvements that would enhance the user experience
* Documentation and configuration management of the design
* Ensure re-use and modularity across any solutions proposed
* Personally coach and mentor junior engineers
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
* Understanding of how to create good software architecture
* Excellent working knowledge of the software development life-cycle and agile methodologies
* Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and an ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
* Experience of design of micro-services and APIs (REST, JSON)
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience working in a cloud environment
* Ability to build user interfaces on iOS and/or Android platforms