£500 - £540 per day
10 months ago
6-12 months +
Application Solution Architect - NATO and UK C4ISR applications
+ Corsham based role
+ Initial 6 Month contract
+ £500 to £540 per day
+ To be considered, you must have experience of both NATO and UK C4ISR applications & services
+ SC Cleared role
ENGINEERING APPLICATION SOLUTION ARCHITECT
The Application Solution Architect service supports the Solution Management team providing subject matter expertise on the integration of applications and services into NSoIT(D). The Application Solution Architect service is responsible for:
- Working with the Solution Design Authority to develop and refine NSoIT(D)'s technological roadmap and High Level Design (HLD).
- Working with the users to understand the how they exploit the application or service t meet their business requirement.
- Understanding the interoperability, dependencies, and interactions between applications both within NSoIT(D) and other IS.
- Developing, architecting, and documenting NSoIT(D) Intermediate Level Design (ILD) application solutions for the Development team to implement, ensuring their coherence across the NSoIT(D) solution and compliance with applicable standards and policies.
- Working with the Solution Engineers to ensure that the design intent is being realised.
- The review and approval of Low and Detailed Level Design (LLD and DLD) solutions and supporting artefacts.
- Conducting product assessments for all applications and services.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have:
- Knowledge and experience of NATO and UK C4ISR applications and services.
- At least 5 years' experience of the development, design and capture of application and service solution architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of current and emerging applications and services, particularly those that support the operational user.
- Excellent communication skills with diverse and adverse audiences
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Competent in MS Office Suite.
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is desirable that individuals have:
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA and Confluence) to record and document work.
- Experience of working within the public sector, preferably Defence, and ideally at ISS Corsham.