£400 - £450 per day
over 2 years ago
Application Support Specialist
SC and willing to undergo a DV or DV Cleared
6 Month Contract (Long term contract very likely)
£400-450 per day
We require a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills at all levels to work with the Service team and wider business (including client Staff / Managers, Business Leads, Site Managers, etc.) to ensure the effective operation of a key Unix application and to assist with support of other Unix applications on the estate. We provide technical support and problem resolution for complex applications across various Unix and other operating systems.
This is an excellent long term opportunity for an Application Support Specialist to manage and administer applications on the Unix platform.
You will be working with on-site teams to determine root cause of problems where you will be asked to monitor and report to management on product status, application and server issues.
You will need to:
- Follow change control procedures and best practices to minimise risk to production services.
- Perform proactive/preventative maintenance tasks for new and legacy systems.
- Perform other duties as required to bespoke technical applications.
Some ongoing training and development will be necessary.
- Demonstrable Unix (specifically Linux and Solaris) skills.
- Experience with Linux and Solaris Operating systems including Apache Webserver configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with OpenSSL for a large variety of tasks related to Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and HTTPS.
- Competence and experience in ColdFusion or related frameworks (ASP.Net).
- Microsoft Windows Server experience.
- IIS webserver application support.
Start Date - ASAP
Clearance - MoD SC clearance is a requirement for this role. Candidates must be prepared to undergo the MoD DV clearance process.