11 months ago
Application Support Specialist
Contract: 6 months +
Clearance: SC or DV Cleared
The CAS Application Support Specialist will be part of the Security and Network Operations Centre (SNOC) team that supports the Computer Network Defence (CND) of the ICT infrastructure. This post will manage, monitor and control, the various aspects and components of the Cyber Access Services suite of applications. The individual will assist with the on-going development and validation of the defined policies for the Cyber Access Services. Reporting any weaknesses and putting forward continuous service improvements that could be introduced into the service. The CAS Application Support Specialist will also be expected to pass their knowledge onto more junior members of the SNOC team and cross train on different technologies as the need arises.
The successful applicant will be required to liaise and work closely with 4th line support, the CSA community, various project teams and Service Delivery Managers.
* Strong Linux experience.
* Good working knowledge of SQL
* Good working knowledge of IPS & IDS.
* Network Services (General IOS configuration and network understanding)
* Familiarity with network activity; analysis of audit trails and alarms and initiating corrective action where necessary.
* Knowledge or familiarity with any of the following: