CDI - 1174268_1652457507
£600 - £650 per day
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Applications Architect
Location: Hampshire (hybrid working available)
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £600 - £650 per day inside ir35
Security clearance at SC level is required for this role
I am recruiting an Applications Architect for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator operating withing the UK defence and government sectors. The business is expanding and looking to hire top talent to support in the development of a DevOps capability focussed on the delivery of applications/software based solutions for projects like the one specified below, moving to the use of cutting edge tooling and processes.
- An innovative, forward thinking employer is looking to expand its leading Biometrics team in the delivery of a cutting-edge technical solution spanning multiple government agencies.
- The successful candidate would work with an experienced and application delivery team in the field of Biometrics. The candidates will work onto the lead Biometrics SME delivering against a programme focussed on the integration of large-scale web service based applications.
- The working environment rewards innovation and talented individuals who are able to solve complex application integration issues and work with a range of stakeholders, to help ensure the solution meets the needs.
- The role would suit somebody with an applications architecture, applications integration, or DevOps background.
No previous experience working with Biometrics solutions is required but would be an advantage.
- In-depth technical understanding of Software Applications, Web applications and Web services.
- Problem solving skills to diagnose issues with Software Applications and their integration.
- Ability to understand and diagnose issues with complex data structures and messaging formats.
- Scripting (Linux or Windows) or Programming background.
Experience in some of the below areas would be beneficial to the candidate in one or more of the following:-
- Development/Integration of Java-based Web applications using technologies such as Tomcat, JBOSS. Messaged based Queuing systems i.e. QPID, WMQ, Rabbit.
- 5+ years of hands on Linux experience in the enterprise / data centre or 3 years Software development or Ansible scripting - no commercial experience required - but would be beneficial.
- Understanding of Red Hat Satellite / Foreman-Katello
If you at interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829