4 months ago
Applications Developer - Basingstoke
Permanent - SC/ DV Cleared
££ - apply below to find out more!
My client is looking for a Senior Application Developer to join our Digital Automation Systems team, building new and enhancing existing capabilities for our customers.
You will be responsible for the design, development and documentation of complex, high quality digital automation platform solutions while coaching and mentoring colleagues and team members. You will work influentially with our customers; presenting key technical concepts to internal stakeholders. You may lead a team, providing strong leadership and day to day management with your ability to keep up to date with the latest trends in technology. You may also contribute to solution reviews and governance.
* Ability to install/configure and integrate tools/applications using RESTful APIs
* Good knowledge of Java programming & OO AD
* Good knowledge of configuring and using CI/CD pipelines
* An understanding of networks
* Familiarity with VMWare, Linux, Active directory
* Experience in authoring processes, LLDs, Build Guides, work instructions
* Full lifecycle experience (Requirements, Design, Build, implementation & Support)
* Ability to define and estimate effort for work packages
* Understand Risk and how it may be mitigated.
* Works effectively to tight deadlines
* Customer service experience
* Use of JIRA and Confluence
Key Performance Indicators
* When implemented, the designs produced successfully integrate with other parts of the solution and meet the requirement specification.
* Consistently produces designs, which require minimal rework following peer review.
* Work is delivered to agreed timescales.
* Issues are notified in a timely manner.
* Produces maintainable solutions with a low density of defects.
* Provides technical advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
* Where appropriate there is demonstrable evidence that supervised colleagues have been given clear direction.
* Is able to produce tangible evidence of how their ideas have been implemented and how they have exceeded customer expectation.
* Is able to provide evidence of clear and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences using appropriate language and terminology.
* Can produce evidence of how their ideas have influenced the team, e.g. design implemented, published processes, developed standards, identified and implemented tools etc.
* Can produce evidence of how they have contributed to other teams.
* Evidence that Corporate and local development methodologies have been followed.
* Evidence of input to local processes.