about 2 years ago
Perm - Full time
You must be eligible and willing to undergo an HMG Clearance
We have a requirement for a multi skilled Desktop Engineer role within a team providing Application Packaging, Image Management, and Deployment.
We are looking for people who are skilled in the requirements capture, analysis, development, management and maintenance of a predominantly Wintel client desktop service.
- Based on experience and skillset your role may include:
- Repackaging of application installation routines from COTS and bespoke source installation media.
- Management of base OS images and build sequences.
- Configuration of applications / OS images within the client delivery infrastructure.
- Definition and configuration of Application / OS AD lockdown policies and relaxations.
- Unit test application installations and OS deployments within a locked down environment.
- Management of client / application deployment infrastructure.
- Baseline and release documentation for engineered components within the team's area of responsibility.
- Provide a 3rd / 4th line incident and problem escalation for applications and operating systems deployed to the live environment.
- Provide engineering expertise and consultancy for current and future proposed components
- A detailed understanding of the Windows registry and file system.
- A thorough administrator level understanding of Windows 10 and Server 2012 onwards.
- At least two of the following:
- Knowledge and practical experience of application packaging methodologies and toolsets (MSI, App-V, etc).
- Active directory administration (specifically in the area of group policy management).
- Image creation and deployment, e.g. MDT, creation of WIM's, task sequences, etc.
- Systems management, using Microsoft SCCM as the deployment infrastructure.
- Practical knowledge of Windows scripting languages, ideally PowerShell.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills, focused upon meeting customer needs.
- Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model.
- UK Passport holder.