Newton Abbot, Devon
£50000 - £65000 per annum
11 months ago
Assembly Manager / Production Manager - Heavy Engineering
A highly succesful Engineering organisation that manufacture industrial machines within Power Generation are looking to ensure continued innovation in the next generation of products and are looking for a Assembly Manager / Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager to join on a permanent basis.
The remit of the role will allow you to take responsibility for the assembly of complex power generation equipment and other associated products wnsuring they meet the required quality, as well as the customer and business requirements including on time delivery. Working on high value capital equipment you will be working for a company that prides itself on its workforce.
You will manage all manufacturing resources and production processes to ensure they are followed, reviewed and improved. Working across the manufacturing process, ensuring personnel are qualified and trained to achieve results whilst contributing to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures.
Assembly / Production Manager Role:
- Management of multi-disciplined personnel in production such as Assembly, Fabrication and Repair facilities.
- Performance management of all technical grades and trades
- Recruitment and discipline actions for team
- Meeting production demands.
- Compiling, amending and authorising, build procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure processes are followed and deliver process improvements.
We are keen to hear from people with the following experiences:
- Proven management experience as a Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Assembly Manager within a similar low volume / high value project led engineering and manufacturing business.
- Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent, or HND, BTEC.
- A strong background in Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Good man-management skills