£20000 - £25700 per annum + pension, cash health plan
about 1 year ago
Based in Uxbridge
Up to £25,700 basic
An exciting opportunity to join a leading aerospace engineering organisation as an Assembly Operative in the Manufacturing (Assembly) department.
In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out the assembly and inspection of mechanical and electromechanical components and sub-assemblies in accordance with quality standards and required schedules.
Areas of Responsibility
- Build components and sub-assemblies using technical specifications, defined working methods and drawings i.e. use kits of parts, hand tools, inspecting and testing of components and sub-assemblies to required tolerances and technical specifications.
- To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including: 5S activities and Continuous Improvement programmes.
- Undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspector's stamp) and quality check of work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
- To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are always in good condition and suitable for purpose and to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Handle materials, goods, and components carefully and comply with safety regulations
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Use of hand tools and gauges
- Basic understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Basic computing skills
- Manual dexterity
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.