£23000 - £30000 per annum + pension, cash health plan
about 1 month ago
Up to £30,000 basic
Based in Denham
An exciting opportunity to join a leading aerospace engineering organisation as an Assembly Operative in the Manufacturing (Assembly) department.
In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out the assembly, sub-assembly and inspection of mechanical and electromechanical parts/components in accordance with quality standards and required schedules.
Areas of Responsibility
- Build components and sub-assemblies using technical specifications, defined working methods and drawings i.e. use kits of parts, hand tools, inspecting and testing of components and sub-assemblies to required tolerances and technical specifications.
- To assist in the successful implementation of on-going Lean Initiatives including: 5S activities and Continuous Improvement programmes.
- Undertake self-inspection (and where authorised apply an inspector's stamp) and quality check of work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures.
- To monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are always in good condition and suitable for purpose and to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Handle materials, goods, and components carefully and comply with safety regulations
- Minimum 2 years mechanical assembly experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Use of hand tools and gauges
- Basic understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Basic computing skills
- Manual dexterity
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.