Up to £14.22 per hour
6 months ago
Cambridgeshire, 6 month contract
A leading manufacturer of high tech microscopes is now seeking an Assembly Technician to join their busy department in the assembly of their Scanning Electron Microscopes.
This is an initial 6 month contract paying £14.22 per hour, based in the Cambridgeshire area.
A leading manufacturer and global distributor of electro-mechanical Scanning Electron Microscopes used within the highly regulated life sciences, manufacturing, research, teaching and clinical fields.
A company who pride themselves on the production of cutting edge technology to an exceptionally high standard and level of quality.
A well-established, stable organisation offering the security of a long-term contract and an opportunity to gain experience and upskill within a niche field working on a unique product.
Responsibilities - Assembly Technician - Cambridge:
- Undertake assembly, sub-assembly and functional test of plinth assembly to build/test procedure within flow line.
- Electrical wiring and mechanical assembly.
- Fit column and stages to plinth assembly within the flow line.
- Use of lifting equipment. i.e. Cranes and Lifting Platforms
- Configure the systems to customer order.
- Undertake Vacuum Testing to the vacuum specification.
- Responsible for the maintenance of test equipment under his/her care.
- Participate in lean activities and actively look for improvements to the processes.
- Compliance with company procedures and controls (ISO 9000 and ISO14001) as defined.
- Comply with company health and safety procedures.
- Ensure that Takt Times are achieve.
- Ensure cleanliness of area is maintained at all times.
Experience/skills required - Assembly Technician - Cambridge:
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Positive attitude
- Ideally worked in a similar environment/role
- Mechanical or electrical assembly/build experience
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application.