£37500 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
You will be working for a world-leader in solid oxide technology with the aim of playing a central role in the global transition to clean, affordable energy to help tackle climate change and air pollution. We are looking for a highly-motivated Engineer to join a high-performing, fast paced and expanding test team based in Horsham.
As an Asset Engineer, you will directly support the development of the technology by ensuring availability of robust and reliable Test Assets that are required for the operation of the circa. 90 test stands the company have on-site. You will be required to work closely with the Facilities team to identify arising issues and determine fast and effective resolutions to maintain test operation.
- Ownership of Test Assets including their design and all associated documentation.
- Ensure safety is foremost when designing or implementing any new Test Assets or carrying out works on existing installations.
- Design and develop Test Assets to meet reliability objectives and in compliance with relevant regulations and standards, including, for example, electrical regulations.
- Develop and execute Test Asset commissioning plans and maintenance schedules.
- Conduct failure mode analyses on the Test Assets to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure the highest possible availability.
- Review and analyse Test Asset performance data.
- Produce reports and present findings and recommendations.
- Provide accurate daily updates to test management.
- Lead fault finding activities, issue investigations and improvement projects.
- Where appropriate, plan and deliver the handover of Test Assets to the Facilities team.
- Build a strong and effective relationship with the Facilities team to ensure the availability of Test Assets.
- Support the Test Capability Team Lead with scheduling and planning.
- Work package planning.
- Minimum 4 years' post graduate industrial experience gained in a manufacturing or process plant, food industry, or lab.
- Design background with experience in one or more of the following: Pumped Gas Systems, Compressed Gas Systems, De-ionised Water Systems, Extraction Systems
BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or similar.