£35000 - £43000 per annum + Additional Benefits
24 days ago
Wind Turbine Inspection Engineer (Asset)
Field Based - UK Wide with extensive travel
£35- £43k per annum (depending on experience)
The Asset Inspection Engineer will act as an expert in completing inspections of wind turbines, with a particular focus on drive train components, and support the delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable operation across the portfolio. You will be field based, working primarily across the UK fleet, but with occasional travel to European windfarms, spending approximately 80% of your time away from home. Your work will support the wider Technical Department and Asset Management teams, by providing expert support on the inspection of Wind Power Plant assets.
- Respond to monitoring system alerts by completing the appropriate inspection and testing techniques, working to diagnose faults and ensure no unscheduled major component failures, including but not limited to the following inspection techniques:
- Borescope inspection of gearboxes, main bearings and occasionally generator bearings.
- Lubrication sampling of gearboxes and main bearings.
- Review and assessment of auxiliary systems such as cooling and lubrication.
- Insulation resistance testing of generators.
- Interpreting and classification of defects to relevant IEC standards, communicating findings from inspections verbally and through an iOS/Android application.
- Active in taking responsibility for all aspects of the role and overseeing work to completion.
- Adaptable and quick to adjust to new people, equipment and processes.
- Confident and articulate communicator who can explain technical problems to people of all levels of technical knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills including both verbal and written communication.
- Flexibility to work away from home during the week.
To begin your application, click APPLY NOW!