£25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + competitive benefits!
12 days ago
£30,000 basic + competitive benefits!
A leading specialist in sonar technologies within the marine engineering industry is looking for an Assistant Buyer to join their busy team based in Hampshire.
In this role, you will be responsible for receiving Supplier Order books from the Production team and ensuring all orders are delivered as intended and all requirements are being met. You will also need to check pull in/push out dates when orders first arrive.
- Generate and send out all Supplier Order books weekly. Update Syspro Purchase Orders with responses upon receipt of supplier delivery updates.
- Action Material Requirement Planning driven Re-schedule messages, including re-schedule in/out, cancellations.
- Manage Supplier Acknowledgements, including verification and then updating of acknowledgement against Purchase Order.
- To communicate directly with Suppliers to expedite Purchase Orders and understand the reasons for any delays.
- To work closely with and escalate to the relevant Buyer, any challenging supplier delivery delays and any supplier communication issues.
- To represent the Purchasing Department in the weekly Sales Order/Production Meeting, including preparation of answers on external shortages.
- Work closely with the Planning Team to manage and communicate supplier shortages for Production.
- Manage Supplier On Time Delivery Reporting, working towards achieving the set targets.
- To process Non-Stock Purchase Requisitions and convert into Purchase Orders.
- Action Requests for Quotations.
- Experience working in a manufacturing/engineering background.
- Proven experience in a similar role i.e. supply chain, procurement, sourcing etc.
- Use of MRP/ERP systems
- Previous expediting experience
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.