over 2 years ago
ATM Safety Engineers (all grades) x 4
Corsham/Lincoln (flexible working)
Perm full time
Successful candidates will have 3-10 years'+ ATM safety engineering experience including functional safety engineering, development of safety plans, and generation of work compliant with the principles of safety management systems, safety regulatory frameworks, safety engineering principles, and have a flexible and positive approach to work. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player.
More experienced candidates will have both breadth and depth in the ATM domain in a safety related role and be familiar with current and future Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Equipment/Systems and technologies. They will have the ability to analyse and present complex technical ideas successfully, have acted as lead safety engineer on projects with experience of building strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues, and possess exceptional report writing skills, striving for the highest technical and quality standards with focus on service delivery.
Key Responsibilities - All Grades:
- Leading tasks and managing smaller ATM projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities
- Management as necessary with regard to safety.
- Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
- Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to estimate, and then effectively work to, time and budget.
- Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
- Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
- Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with core values.