£42000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
4 months ago
Automated Test Equipment Engineer
+ VB, C#, automated test equipment, ATE, Optoelectronics,
+ World leading Integrated Photonics company
+ Towcester, Northamptonshire - Relocation assistance available
+ Negotiable to £45,000 + Pension, Medical
Automated Test Equipment Engineer: You will be involved in development and maintenance of automated test solutions (hardware and software) for testing optoelectronic devices such as Lasers, Modulators, Detectors, and Photonic Integrated Circuits of Wafer Fab in Test and Wafer Verification (WaVe).
The role will see you:
- Designing, commissioning and maintaining automated test equipment (ATEs) for optoelectronics components (Lasers, Modulators, Detectors, and Photonic Integrated Circuits).
- Design hardware (measurement instrumentation, motorised optical alignment, chip probing) and develop software to establish test infrastructure for verification, characterisation or calibration of products where new chips are deployed. Transfer this capability into Operations as part of commissioning.
- Test measurements are intended for optical components performed at chip or module level in cleanroom environment.
A global manufacturer of high tech electronic components whose use touches many areas of our lives. They have a strong focus on research and development and have been at the forefront of their market for over three decades.
You should have a qualification in Electronic Engineering, Physics, Optical Communications, Software Engineering or similar discipline
Knowledge skills and experience
- Experienced working with opto-electronics devices (laser, modulators, detectors)
- Any text-based programming language ideally VB and/or C#
- Ability of understanding analog and digital electronic schematics
- The role is 80% software testing ideally knowledge in VB to C# (current .NET is v4.5 framework)
- Experience in Automated testing
Private Healthcare, Holiday Purchase, Pension contributions matched + 3%, income protection, relocation package
Apply now and I will call you to discuss this role in more depth