£70000 - £85000 per annum + Car allowance, healthcare, bonus
10 months ago
Set the Scene
We are looking for a lead Automation Architect to work in close partnership with our customer(s) and project teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions. Reporting into the Solution Lead, the post holder will own all aspects of the delivery of an IaaS provisioning solution as well as assuring that the technical proposals is aligned to the client's vision for the overall architectural solution.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of IaaS provisioning technical solutions.
- A proven track record of provisioning of VMs using automation and/or container builds e.g. Terraform
- Experience of using catalogue of services and integration with billing, cmdb and license management
- Experience of VMware vCloud Director, VMware vRealize
Flexibility, Diversity and Inclusion
We want the best people on our team, so we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. The role may demand some travel and flexibility to meet clients and to drive performance, within a culture of respect for professional and private commitments. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all.
Below is the slightly fuller description for briefing to agencies
An architect with knowledge / experience of
- IaaS provisioning of VMs using catalogue of services and integration with billing, cmdb and license management
- Automation of the VM or container build
- Provisioning including OS Blueprints, Network Services, Catalog, Self Service Portal
- Asset Tracking
- Overarching environment/delivery lifecycle and toolchain which includes automated testing and workflows for governance and manual intervention where necessary
- Knowledge of bid processes, costing and resource estimates
- They will need to be able to work under challenging timescales with little supervision
- Terraform will need to tie into VMware vCloud Director, VMware vRealize so experience with these technologies will also be required.