about 2 years ago
Automation Test Engineering - Lead Consultant (104618)
Cheltenham, Ipswich or London
Perm Full-time (will consider contract if you have an existing UKIC clearance)
You will need to have an eligible and willing to undergo a HMG Clearance
By joining us as an Automation Testing Engineer, you'll be able to help us change the world for the better.
Whilst you'll be developing and supporting secure applications and systems to combat cyber-crime and threats to the UK's Critical National Infrastructure for both us and our customers.
Joining a team of world class engineers, you'll be working on a huge range of Test Automation projects.
We are looking for individuals that can leverage their extensive technical experience and academic studies to meet our rigorous and challenging delivery objectives and standards. We need you to be able to solve complex security problems and apply industry best practice in all aspects of software engineering, systems engineering or cyber-security and have a detailed working knowledge of development methodologies, including Agile and Lean.
As a member of the Test Profession you will have numerous opportunities to grow your career. We are currently looking for technical test leads and automation experts. As a high end technical tester or test automation/lead you will be expected to be a proficient software engineer to help mobilise and drive our test automation frameworks. Depending on your role you will may also be responsible for managing people and developing the next generation of test automation experts.
Essential professional skills for the role commensurate with the grade applied for:
Hands on, proven and demonstrable experience of designing, building and maturing automation frameworks from scratch, including:
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Detailed knowledge of the Unit, SAT and Integration phases of the test lifecycle.
- An in depth working knowledge of the full engineering life-cycle and Systems Engineering (IVV&T) practices from requirements/user story capture and decomposition through to integration and acceptance.
- Hands on, proven and demonstrable experience of building test infrastructure and environments, authoring automated tests and evaluating features in order to create complex tests.
- In depth knowledge of software methodologies including Waterfall/V model, agile, lean, incremental.
- Hands on, proven and demonstrable experience of driving test efficiency and effectiveness through solid automation principles.
These are the essential technical skills we are looking for:
- Proficient user of but not limited to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Jenkins, Selenium, Appium, Eggplant, Junit Automated testing, Eclipse (including MAVEN), LoadRunner.
- Web services testing[SOA](SOAPUI)
- Multiple environment testing (Web, front/back end, cross browser)
- Evidence of testing on multiple platforms such as Linux (CentOs, Ubuntu) and Windows and within different languages - Mongo, XML, VB, Java, C#, .Net, HTML, AngularJS, JSON, C++, SQL/MySql/NoSql, Mongo
- API, Stub and Harness Testing
- It is essential that the role holder has up-to date and proven hands on experience of Jenkins, Test Rail, HP ALM or the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence) specifically for automated test execution and automated defect creation.
- A professional certification in Agile or within the ISTQB framework would be highly desirable.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of study
- Experience working to multiple deadlines
- Due to the nature of the work our team undertake, you'll need to be security cleared to be able to join us. This means you'll need to meet our residency criteria*