£80 - £90 per hour
about 1 month ago
2 months +
Azure Cloud Consultant - fully remote working
+ Azure Cloud specialist
+ 2 month initial contract
+ £80 to £90 per hour - Inside IR35
+ Fully remote
Development of a custom Azure cloud platform for the customer. Transition of applications to the platform and the operational management of the platform.
A member of the cloud platform engineering team you will be responsible for liaising with the architecture, SRE, CloudOps and other internal platform service providers to develop and deliver solutions focused on the customer's Azure Cloud platform.
You'll work with the app/service teams to:
- review technical designs/architectures, development requirements and operational methods for compatibility, compliance and viability of the application/service to operate on the Azure cloud platform.
- Assist the application/service teams to amend, remediate issues/concerns and to prepare for technical reviews at the various Technical Design Authorities (TDAs)
- Liaise with the Cloud Engineering and Architecture teams for the latest standards on the Customer's Azure Cloud Platform.
- Assist the application/service teams to acquire permit-to-entry and permit-to-operate statuses.
Experienced virtual infrastructure engineer
- In-depth understanding of Azure concepts, services, features and patterns
-- Core IaaS features
-- Azure DevOps pipelines
-- Automated deployment/configuration systems e.g. Chef
-- Scripting languages e.g. PowerShell
- Appreciation and awareness of software development lifecycle concepts, tooling and operation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Confident stakeholder management
- Experience of working in a hybrid Waterfall/Agile way. Must be aware of SAFe concepts/terminologies, kanban etc.