£40000 - £45000 per annum
18 days ago
Bid Manager - 12 month FTC
Bids, Business Development; Proposals; Commercial
Aerospace; Defence; Security; Technology; Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000 + excellent benefits
Bristol (with WFH)
We're looking for talent; that special combination of skills and experience that make for a good Bid Manager. We need the planner & project manager, communicator, analyst, and completer finisher with an eye for detail.
This doesn't mean to say we don't want people who can 'think outside the box'. Being creative and diverse in our thinking is part of what gives us the competitive edge, and our bid managers are at the heart of creating new value propositions for our growing client base.
As a member of the core Business Development team you will be responsible for managing bids through the win-work lifecycle and successfully on to contract with our clients.
You will be working closely with technical experts, consultants and business development staff and the wider organisation to produce compelling bids.
- Be an owner of the bid plan and has overall responsibility for producing a compelling proposal, on time and within an agreed bid budget
- Identifying the resources required to undertake bid preparation and delivery activities; highlighting any resource, skill or capability gaps.
- Defining and agreeing a bid budget and schedule baseline (with the Bid Director) and controlling the bid budget and schedule against these agreed baselines.
- Planning, organising and scheduling activities in accordance with bid best practice, including the scheduling of applicable review activities and the allocation of appropriately qualified reviewers.
- Planning, organising and scheduling activities necessary to comply with the Service Delivery Process, including the attendance of appropriately authorised approvers.
- Ensuring all necessary information and documentation is available to successfully undertake Service Delivery Process Stage Gate Reviews and gaining the requisite approvals.
- Work with the Bid Director in establishing and testing the win strategy, including co-ordinating and supporting any required customer relationship and stakeholder management campaign activities.
The below criteria indicate the skills and experience that the successful candidate is likely to possess, however we recognise the right person may not satisfy all of these, and this should not discourage an application. First and foremost, we are looking for someone with relevant knowledge, the right attitude and potential.
- Experience of successfully delivering bids, from early inception and client information capture, through PQQ and ITT stage, onto client interviews, feedback and lessons learnt.
- Experience of structured bid processes, for example the Shipley bid process, and using these to produce high quality bid submissions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels and in all forums from one-to-ones to group workshops and facilitation.
- Ability to maximise the use of tools such as Office365, MS Project, CRM and industry recognised sales techniques such as Miller Heiman and Huthwaites.
- Experience liaising with external and internal contacts at a range of levels.
- Commercial awareness / understanding.
A fantastic opportunity - apply now to find out more!