Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€60000 - €75000 per annum
over 1 year ago
BMS Contracts Manager
Permanent - Full Time - 40 hours per week plus travel
Dublin Office / Site Based, Ireland
Salary Dependent on experience
The BMS Contract Manager for Ireland will be ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of projects within that region. The region contains the geographical areas of Republic of Ireland and in the future Northern Ireland.
This role is a senior and high profile role and demands the very highest standards in terms of project delivery. They strive for excellent standards of client care and having this culture is essential to being successful in this demanding role.
The role itself carries line management responsibility for all Project Managers and site engineering staff within the region. The role holder will successful build an effective and efficient team to deliver projects in region.
Future plans include also carrying out maintenance activities within the region, which we would look for the contracts manager to also set up, oversee and manage successfully.
Initially as works in the region begins, the contract manager would be expected to be the project manager for the works.
- Be ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of all project work within the stated region.
- Be ultimately responsible for client satisfaction for all projects delivered within the stated region, and liaison with clients to set expectations where issues occur.
- Be ultimately responsible for all projects within region performing to (or better than) commercial expectations.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all projects are managed in line with the company standard project management process.
- Be ultimately responsible for ensuring operational procurement is managed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be responsible for ensuring standards of workmanship are of the highest quality.
- Be ultimately responsible for quality control and quality assurance for the output of the region, including all client facing documentation (client progress reports, O&M's, etc.), installation standards, commissioning standards and client training as particular examples.
- Be responsible for all aspects of staff management (where applicable), to include regular appraisals, objective setting, and training reviews.
- Be ultimately responsible for ensuring the region has a successful supply chain
- Be ultimately responsible for documenting all procedures in line with the Quality Management System, and compliance review of those processes thereafter.
- Be prepared to building a successful service and maintenance operation within the region in the future, as the business grows within this region.
- Project Managers
- Commissioning Engineers
- Service & Maintenance Engineers
Relevant experience, skills & knowledge
- Experience of engineering and/or commissioning Building Management Systems
- Minimum 5 years experience of project management in the construction industry
- Minimum of 2 years experience of managing projects for end user and/or FM clients
- Minimum of 2 years experience of managing a project team delivering a portfolio of multiple projects
- Demonstrable experience in managing successful projects from a commercial point of view
- Experience of managing health and safety in a construction environment
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
- Demonstrable knowledge of;
- JCT/NEC/DOM forms of contract.
- Design and build forms of contract
- Housing and Grants Construction Acts
- BMS systems; eg Trend, Siemens, Delta
- Delivering BMS projects within the data centre market
- Delivering BMS projects within the date centre market
- Holds a recognised project management qualification or is working towards such a qualification (e.g. APM or Prince2)
- Electrical Qualification (e.g. City & Guilds, National Certificate or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- BMS Product Training in Trend, Siemens, Delta
Salary and Benefits
- Salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Company car allowance (or cash equivalent) of €6,000 per annum.
- 3% employer pension contribution.
- X3 basic salary life assurance.
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays
Any questions please contact myself via firstname.lastname@example.org