£45000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
BMS Project Engineer
We are looking to recruit and experienced BMS Project Engineer to join our successful clients Projects department.
Taking responsibility for the technical delivery of BMS Control Systems projects in London and South East, you will be tasked to manage, design and engineer several concurrent projects, ensuring delivery of all projects, on time and within budget.
Complying with all internal processes & procedures you will:
* Produce and submit technical documentation to include description of operations, points lists, equipment lists.
* Develop and agree project plans with customers & colleagues
* Plan resource requirements and undertake daily co-ordination of resources (Applications Engineers, Commissioning Engineers, Sub- Contractors, etc)
* Gather and distribute technical information to project team and customers to ensure all engineering can be completed on time and efficiently
* Fully document the project and file accordingly for post project reviews.
* Manage and document RFIs and variations.
* Attend customer meetings as necessary.
* Manage version control, storage and distribution of all project documentation. Ensure client handover is fully documented and signed off.
* Co-ordinate ordering and delivery to minimise financial exposure and maximize cash flow. Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best prices. Make use of internal stock and reduce overall stock held to a minimum.
* Co-ordination and communication of project Health and Safety. Preparation and review of H&S documentation. Review and approval of sub-contractor H&S documentation.
* Provide regular reporting of project progress to Line Manager.
* Assist with detailed post completion review of projects.
* Manage, log and rectify defects during defect liability/warranty periods.
* Review current processes and improve or implement new processes to improve quality, efficiency and profitability
Commercially, you will assist Management with interim and final invoices/applications in accordance with commercial terms and manage and communicate variations to PM, ensuring written approval is obtained before commencement.
Whilst the focus of the role will be on delivery, you will often be the 'face' of the business and will be expected to build and maintain relationships at all levels as well as to identify opportunities for additional services with existing customers, ensuring that clients are aware of all services offerings and also identify opportunities for support contracts to be won post project delivery and liaise with the business development team of the service department.
Key Skills and Competencies
* Communication: Good written & verbal communication skills and ability to build good working relationships at all levels
* Self-management: Ability to proactively manage own time, plan activities, and prioritise effectively
* Teamwork: Proactively shares knowledge and supports team members through understanding roles, responsibilities and the importance of effective processes
* Technical: Efficient at Trend and Tridium based controls, including software writing and interrogation. Ability to work with other systems as required by the project, referencing manufacturer literature and other knowledge sources.
* In depth knowledge of HVAC / Mechanical and Electrical building services and BMS controls.
* Customer Focus: Always putting the customer first and delivering exceptional customer service
* Quality: Strong focus on quality of results (Doing Things Properly)
* Commercial: Good commercial understanding, including P&L and cash flow
* Resilience: Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, dealing with both corporate clients and contractors.
* Conflict resolution: Ability to manage difficult situations and balance the needs of the business and the customer