Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€50000 - €65000 per annum
9 months ago
BMS Project & Commissioning Engineer
Permanent - Full Time - 40 hours per week plus travel
Home Based intially
The Project / Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for designing and engineering BMS projects of varying sizes and types. A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical services, HVAC systems and applications, Control Panels, Building Management Systems and discrete controls is a necessity. The Project Engineer will work closely with Project Managers and customers in providing a technically sound solution on time and in budget.
For on site activities the engineer will be responsible for commissioning, demonstration and handover of BMS projects of varying sizes and types.
A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical services, HVAC systems and applications, Control Panels, Building Management Systems and discrete controls is a necessity.
The engineer will work closely with the relevant Project Managers, to provide our customers a fully working system on time and in budget. The engineer will take complete ownership of the tasks scheduled to him / her, and ensure the activities are completed in a professional and fully complete and robust manner to ensure the quality output of service of which the company strives to achieve.
- Carry out to high standards, on-site pre-commissioning / final commissioning of Building Management Systems and associated technologies.
- Be solely responsible in the demonstration and hand over of fully operational systems for acceptance by the customer.
- Be responsible for ensuring pertinent documentation (commissioning handover and training records for example) are all signed and maintained appropriately in real time.
- Maintain accurate and timely communication on all matters with the project manager.
- Be responsible in ensuring work efficiency is maintained to complete tasks within or ahead of allocated time frames / programme, and delays.
- Assist project manager to achieve a 'zero defect' delivery of all projects.
- Carry out internal and external factory acceptance testing of control panels, including demonstrations, witnessing and customer training.
- Be responsible to ensure health and safety procedures and standards are followed on site. Ensure all Health and safety documentation is filed, maintained and updated on site.
- Carry out all tasks associated with the design of a Building Management System, including application engineering, control panel design / approval, operation and maintenance manuals, software, computer aided design, factory acceptance testing, graphics and commissioning.
- Be responsible in ensuring engineering budgets and programme requirements for individual project tasks are maintained or improved upon.
- Provide technical support to project managers, service / commissioning engineers and all staff.
- Consider and review alternative engineering methods and products to improve quality and costs.
- Be responsible in ensuring tasks are accurately recorded on timesheets. Provide regular progress updates / engineers reports to project managers. Ensure any issues / delays are recorded and communicated to project managers.
- Mentor and support other engineers.
- Provide off-site / on-site training for internal and external engineering / commissioning resource.
- Ability to write and modify software as necessary and carry out project engineering tasks as required.
Relevant experience, skills & knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of experience commissioning building management systems.
- A good understanding of a variety of mechanical and electrical building services.
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Fluent with Trend and 1 additional building management system manufacturer, to facilitate writing and commissioning of controller / network, software and graphics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience and demonstrable competence of commissioning integration products and protocol exchange software such as TONN,
- Experience of commissioning significant sized projects (ie, over £250k in contract value).
- Suitable qualification to demonstrate electrical competency around the electro-technical aspects of control panels, LV and ELV installations associated with our industry (such as C&G 2391, 2356 or NVQ Level 3 Electrical Qualification).
- HVAC application of controls qualification.
- Various industry related product specific technical engineering courses.
- CITB / SSSTS H&S accreditation or IOSH equivalent.
- ECS CSCS accreditation as "Controls Engineer".
Salary and Benefits
- Salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Company car allowance (or cash equivalent) of €4,800 per annum.
- 3% employer pension contribution.
- X3 basic salary life assurance.
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays).
Any questions please let me know via email@example.com