£50000 - £55000 per annum + Package
over 1 year ago
BMS PROJECT MANAGER JOB ROLE
Over 50 projects currently live, all bespoke in their own way from a 150k high end residential integration project to a £30k boiler room and then over to a £700k multitenant dwelling tower block solution.
Currently these are split between the Operations Director and the Project manager with a shared workforce of:
2x BMS project supervisors
1x NIC Qualified Electrician and Tester
1x BMS Engineer
1x Senior Commissioning Project Engineer
1x Commissioning Apprentices
1x Administrator - For all paperwork and procurement
1x Finance officer - For all invoices etc.
Project tasks for the PM
- All projects start with a project handover from the sales team.
- This is where the project teams are created and all information is passed on.
- The Job is then started in the following software solutions (all online based)
- Econsys - This starts as a bid / no bid tool and continues on to be useful job tracking and VO management.
- Workflow max - this is where all orders and costs are created including data entry for time sheets.
- Bookings - This is a calendar app which is used to organise all engineers
- Teams - This is used to upload all files which engineers need as well as all important information on the job.
- Dropbox - this is where all files are fundamentally stored and archived.
- Once handed over the PM will go through all costs and create a draft programme and a budget forecast for the job.
- It would then be expected to have multiple site visits to not only meet and great but also to make sure that all preliminary designs actually work in practice. E.g. can the cable get from the plantroom to the bedroom.
- Attend all / most design meetings with the Designer / Project engineer with the client and consultants. There will be an element of design and VO tacking even from this early start.
- Create all loose control quotes and send to the procurement dept. for ordering and feedback the controls selections to the design team to ensure the panel drawings are all correct.
- Monthly Interims will be applied approx. 16th valued to the end of the month, this is done collectively with the OD and the other PM and the administrator to ensure all targets are hit monthly.
- Weekly project update meetings.
- Fortnightly Install meetings for feedback from the team.
- Manage any sub-contractors and work with other contractors on the project.
- Manage the BMS Supervisor on the projects to make sure key dates are hit and reports are created.
- Once 1st and 2nd fix are complete managing the commissioning process with the BMS project engineer.
- Then final client handover and aftercare.
Outside these project tasks there would also be the following expected:
- Continuous client communication
- Health and safety (RAMS)
- In house training when on site if possible
- Feedback to the design team and office
- Progressing all process and procedures
- VO tracking
- Involved in the recruitment process to build the team
- Own personal training as developed with the OD and other Directors.
To be able to do the above we would expect the ideal candidate to have the following:
- Experience at BMS Project management
- Good at man management and understanding the needs of the team.
- ECS Card
- IOSH or SMSTS
- Strong BMS knowledge
- Basic electrical installation knowledge
- Basic IT and Network knowledge
- Confident with a laptop and enjoys new technology.
Salary and Package:
- Company Navara Pick-up truck or equivalent car allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Phone allowance (or smart phone if requested)
- Training as required for the role
- Standard gov pension