10 months ago
BMS Smart Buildings Solutions Manager (IOT)
Permanent - 40 hours per week
£35 - 45k + Package
South East/London/South West
Our client, a specialist BMS system house, are looking to appoint a Technical Sales Manager to undertake a sales role, providing a high level knowledge of Smart Buildings @ IoT solutions to new and existing customers.
Working with the Sales Director, this position is critical in providing technical solutions to meet client's site, systems and project requirements as they are challenged to work smarter and grow the Smart Buildings revenue within our business.
The role will take full responsibility for all technical sales with customers in this field including initial introductions, presentations and preparation of proposals.
- Provide Smart Buildings/IoT sales support for allocated customers.
- Provide internal technical support and communications with the tech team and software partner ICONIC'S.
- Undertake site surveys as needed to support the sales function
- Create clear specifications and costs within a solution sales approach, defined around the SMART approach; Scope, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time Bound.
- Achieving sales targets as part of a team.
- Ensure a thorough handover of sold solutions and projects to the operations team, clarifying all aspects of the SMART approach.
- Provide project review points and project input to the ICONIC'S and the operations teams where necessary to ensure clients full satisfaction and the prevention of any disconnect between sales consultancy (customer expectations) and the project delivery (outcome).
- Input through technical workshops for technical design and delivery standards with operations.
- Provide innovative solutions to clients and internal staff in respect of new/evolving solutions.
- Minimum 3 years' experience within the Smart Buildings/IoT related roles.
- Experience of design, engineering and delivering small, medium and large IoT solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence of achieving sales targets within a similar role.
- Demonstrable evidence of creating specifications
- Progressive attitude toward new technologies, but coupled with a cautious approach to mitigate risks so as to deliver robust solutions.
- Exemplary written & verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive attitude
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Demonstrable commitment to quality
- High customer focus
- Ability to self-manage workloads to meet deadlines.
- Active member of CIBSE and / or other associated governance schemes.
- Salary of £35,000 to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Annual performance related bonus scheme. (unlimited)
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension (3% employer contribution)
- Private health and life assurance cover (3x salary) after 12 months
- Company car or cash allowance (£4,800 per annum)
- Mobile phone, laptop etc