£40000 - £50000 per annum
7 months ago
BMS Software Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
Our client is an industry leader within BMS and due to rapid growth and career progression within the department they are looking for a BMS Software Engineer to join the team. This ia a remote based position so the canddiate can be based anywhere within the UK.
Required Skills and Experience
- Software build experience ideally with Trend, Schnieder or Niagara, but other BMS experience will be considered)
- Good/Excellent computer literacy
- Use of Microsoft Packages
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good Time Keeping
- Knowledge of a customer service/helpdesk environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Team player with a desire to help others.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Willingness to learn new systems and technologies
- Can work to challenging deadlines
- Attention to details
- Process improvement models
Working knowledge of one or all the following would be a distinct advantage:
- BMS / Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS)
- Working within an engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of BMS/HVAC applications
- Customer Service Industry Standards
- Development skills would be an advantage.
*Training will be provided for the right candidate.
The Role includes the following:
- Build system software based on predefined points lists, wiring diagrams and Description of Operations
- Produce graphics using software library,
- Create new graphics update software library
- Working with client and IT specialists to setup connection to new sites
- Remotely (on-site where required) assist field engineers in commissioning the software in readiness for client handover.
- Make any configural changes to ensure the software matches the 'as installed' requirements.
- Update internal and client facing reports (Ensuring reports are completed checked and validated in a timely manner).
- Provide 2ndline software support to field engineering team.
- Testing any site-based software changes.
- Monitor client issues and environmental performance within their estates and report non-compliance
- Alarm monitoring and investigation of Critical events
- Mentoring and Training engineers/customers as required
Client Technical Support
- Provide ad hoc 2nd line technical assistance for clients, supporting ROC Technicians as and when required
- Take responsibility for management of designated clients.
- Log all bureau activity using in house call handling and client CRM Packages
- Escalate client issues externally or internally as necessary following defined procedures
- Provide call backs to customers in line with agreed SLA's.
- Provide quality customer service at all times
Software Development & Tools
- Development of new Software and Tools to suit ROC and clients requirements
- Partake in development of improving internal systems and service offerings to clients. Examples as follows: Tools to Improve efficiencies, creation Dashboards(customer/internal, Reporting, Bespoke systems for clients etc
- Constantly be aware of new developments and offerings from BMS manufacturers, actively look to implement these into day to day works where suitable.