£450 - £500 per day
3 months ago
Build Engineer x3
- 6 month initial contract
- based in Erskine / Must be on site
- £450 - £500 per day DOE
- outside Ir35
* Please note this is a DV cleared Position
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Develop designs within a configuration managed environment
* Build and configure software from those designs in a configuration managed environment
* Work on the individual node builds, conducting the builds of the entire infrastructure including the network stack, SAN, VM's and end-user computers
* Manage and maintain a virtualized Windows server environment
* Occasional customer site visits as required
* Preparation of environments for Testing, Integration and Engineering work
* Conduct unit testing and verify that defects have been fixed and completed
* Produce design documents and other configuration items required for the implementation
* Work effectively with other teams to achieve overall project goals
* Support internal and external meetings relevant to the role or as directed by management
* Comply with governance as directed by management
* Contribute to progress reports
* Support test and integration activities
* Microsoft certification MCITP, MCSE or MCSA or equivalent.
* Experience of Microsoft Windows Server in an Enterprise Environment - installation, configuration and administration. DNS, DC Replication, DHCP, KMS, VAMT etc.
* Experience of working with VMWare environment
* Knowledge of Enterprise Storage and Anti-virus solutions
* Fault finding and diagnosis of a data centre infrastructure
* Ability to create documentation and follow documentation to the letter.
* Self-motivated, able to work without close supervision.
* Experience of working on MOD projects, preferably those in support of deployed operations.
* Knowledge of automated server builds (e.g. Radia, Altiris, and SCCM etc.)
* PowerShell scripting experience.
* Netapp/SAN admin experience.
* Basic Cisco managed switch Admin/configuration and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of DFS, SQL, Exchange, Lumension.
* HP ProLiant and Dell servers experience