£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Bens + Bonus
2 months ago
Business Development Director
Salary Up to £55k with bonus
Our client provides loans to individuals for legal proceedings or situations. This role is focusing on the family law loans.
Looking for a Business development director - essential business development / account management, to manage existing law firm relationships and develop new ones, create and maintain strong working relationships with UK family solicitors
and strategic relationships with partner firms and third parties that help achieve this.
- To ensure agreed sales targets are achieved for the periods stated within set KPIs.
- To identify new law firms and sign them as a partner firm for matrimonial funding scheme with a focus on Family and any associated products as developed
- To manage and strengthen relationships to improve the levels of lending from these firms
- To manage the workflow of new client loan applications through to completion. This will involve liaising with the Credit Underwriters.
- To develop ongoing professional relationships with key corporate partners such as barristers, family law event organisers.
- Effective planning of time and tasks to ensure monthly sales targets and activities are achieved.
- To develop a regional sales strategic plan in conjunction with Commercial Director.
- To work with the Commercial Director and other Partnership Directors to ensure company has a competitive and well positioned product offering whilst remaining aware of the risks associated with the product.
- To play a key role in the due diligence of firms and cases, ensuring that the underwriting team are focused on dealing with material issues specific to each transaction.
- To comply with money laundering regulations relating to the acquisition of New Business.
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
- Provide weekly report to Commercial Director summarising weekly activities and meetings in order to track KPIs for incentive scheme.
Skills and experience
- Working knowledge of the UK litigation legal sector, preferably specific family law
- Ability to present to Law firm partners or stakeholders comfortably in a measured and knowledgeable style
- Highly organised, self-motivated and competent at diary management
- Strong work ethic able to set-up and manage at least 10 sales meetings (virtual or in person) per week
- Ability to determine and utilise new and existing networking opportunities and connections to meet Business Development goals
- Comfortable in a soft sales environment - creating relationships, building on existing relationships and maintaining relationships
- Both sales and client management experience
- Family law or private client legal background
- Network of family solicitor contacts