about 1 year ago
Business Development Executive - Basingstoke
SC / DV Cleared - Permanent ££
Please apply below to find out more!
To contribute to the growth of the business by identifying and analyzing market-specific business opportunities within a specific industry, specific product segment, a specific alliance or within services. Supports as a consultant the development of market strategies and sales activities for market-specific subjects. The main focus of the role is developing new name business opportunities in a medium complexity environment.
* Sales Opportunities: Identifies and qualifies opportunities to establish a pipeline which will meet targets and grows the business market share.
* Sales Planning: Supports the creation of the value proposition and win strategy for all qualified opportunities. Work with offer management and delivery personnel to ensure that our portfolio aligns to our customer's current and future needs.
* Strategy Development: Supports the development of the sales strategy for the defined sales territory. Propagates the strategy, develops 'go to' market plans with countries and best practices in the industry, the product segment, the alliance or the service. Assists with the execution.
* Business Development Planning: Analyses and understands market developments and anticipates market trends in own industry, product segment, alliance and/or service. Develops and implements suitable programs, initiatives and concepts for business development in order to support the overall sales plan for the defined sales territory. Works with Marketing and the Sales Teams to create the plan aligned to both corporate and business unit marketing strategies.
* Customer Relationships: Identifies and influences decision makers and stakeholders (internal and external). Creates, maintains and expands a network of productive relationships with customers. Holds regular market-making conversations and develops early opportunities from suspects to prospects.
* Competitor Analysis: Provides the sales organization with information about market trends, best practice and works to evolve the customers products and capabilities so that they continue to meet and stimulate customer demand.
* Budget Management: Defines actions to reach the budget goals and to ensure growth; responsible for the ongoing management of this.
* Input to Bid Reviews: Together with designated engagement manager, provides and presents appropriate input to the company bid review process.
* Business Insight: Demonstrates application of conceptual knowledge of products, services, market intelligence and competitive insight. Maintains a strong level of knowledge of products, services, market intelligence and competitive insight. Optimizes tools and processes for the channel business.
* Governance: Adheres to company defined governance procedures and sales management tools including the client relationship management (CRM) database to manage campaigns within and across borders.
* Team Building & Development: Identifies, motivates and communicates with virtual teams to effectively support qualified opportunities.
* Achievement of annual business development quota.
* Strategic business development planning aimed at increasing pipeline quality.
* Availability and accuracy of timely and accurate sales forecasts and sales pipeline information.
* Campaign effectiveness as measured by compliance with governance processes.
* Fulfilment of 'go to' market plans.
* Established advisor for business management.
* New business areas developed and relevant strategies transferred to sales.
* Budget goal(s) reached.
* National and international, internal and external network set-up and running efficiently.