Business Development Manager (BMS) - Maintenance Contracts
Permanent - 40 hours per week plus travel.
£40 - 45k + Package
Our client, a specialist BMS System House, wish to appoint a Business Development Manager to support the current sales team. The role will be focused on developing new relationships and provided growth in Maintenance, Service and Energy sectors.
The main driver in filling this new role is as the business embarks on a new 5 year plan to significantly grow the business, particularly in the BEMS Maintenance and Energy sectors.
- Develop new and existing client base in the region stated above, working closely with the Sales Director to identify specific market sectors and customers.
- Maintain sales relationship through the contract lifecycle, enhancing sales opportunities from these existing relationships.
- Deliver to annual (and growing) sales targets as issued by the Sales Director.
- Prepare professional bid packages in line with company standards.
- Work closely with the Sales Director reviewing margins and cost base to ensure bid and package is competitive.
- Work closely with the Sales Director and team ensuring the client are innovative and able to exceed customer expectations.
- Play an important role and report regularly in weekly, monthly and quarterly sales meetings ensuring as a business we are on track with targets and objectives.
- Update and maintain CRM package (Salesforce) on a weekly basis.
Relevant Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a face to face sales role.
- Demonstrate experience of delivering (and exceeding) to annual sales targets.
- Demonstrable experience of developing new relationships from a zero client base in a region.
- Demonstrable experience of securing client meetings through telephone prospecting.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding and delivering excellent customer care.
- Demonstrable experience of compiling bid packages, and responding to PQQ's.
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience within Facilities Management, Construction, or Engineering industry.
- Experience of selling BMS maintenance and energy services to new and existing client base.
- Have existing relationships/contacts either end users or via FM's to support building a pipeline of opportunities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Salary of £40,000 to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Annual performance related bonus scheme. (unlimited)
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension (3% employer contribution)
- Private health and life assurance cover (3x salary) after 12 months
- Company car or cash allowance (£4,800 per annum)
- Mobile phone, laptop etc