£25000 - £35000 per annum
5 months ago
You will be responsible for supplier management, working to procurement strategy, negotiating contracts and purchasing stock whilst considering the business requirements and keeping an eye on the cost-effectiveness of the operation.
Responsible for the 'on time' supply of procured parts, services and assemblies in accordance with internal policies and procedures, whilst contributing in daily communications with planning and manufacturing to discuss any stock and logistic issues to ensure on time deliveries.
- Negotiate with suppliers of products / materials / services to achieve cost savings and/or mitigate price increases, combined with the requisite levels of quality and service.
- Analyse MRP reports, internal of-line reports, and other sources as necessary to identify purchasing requirements (including for non-MRP items where required); raise / expedite relevant purchase orders as appropriate.
- Control inventory levels of raw materials, and minimise wherever possible to maximize working capital and warehouse space without affecting production; ensure accurate stock positions are reflected in M1 at all times
- Take responsibility for store personnel day to day tasks, holidays etc. Conduct personal development plans reviews (currently two team members).
- Support quality team to help reduce supplier quality issues in number and value and ensure recovery of all rework costs while ensuring continuity of supply; ensuring that quality and audit actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and improve suppliers' performance through regular discussion and review.
- Minimise number of stock lines via rationalisation suggestions.
- Develop awareness of new materials, suppliers, and processes; arrange sample materials as necessary; initiate and expedite internal material/process evaluations.
- Identify and minimise obsolete and slow moving raw material stocks through annual or ad hoc disposal routines and through discussion with other teams.
- Assist with stocktaking and sample checking.
- Maintain updated supplier price lists and issue to relevant staff.
- Ensure colleagues are cross-trained where necessary to allow relevant skills to be shared.
- Be involved in standard cost amendments, both on an annual and an ad hoc basis.
- Raise and authorise purchase orders in line with most recent company / departmental policy.
- Ensure that materials, products and services are purchased at best possible value and within budget or quotation
- Carry out such other duties that may be reasonably requested.